5.3.05

Good Day Out

I had some time off today, so I hopped a train to Seoul, where I met up with two former students from my time at Black Forest Academy. As I had not seen either one of them for over four years, I wasn't too sure what to expect. But immediately when each of them arrived, I knew this was going to be a good day.

My hosts for the day:


After a little wandering around and short trip on the metro, we found a place to eat a Korean dish I hadn't tried. Let me tell you, I found yet another dish that I could eat on a regular basis. After lunch we headed over to a cool little coffee shop. They had me sample various Korean teas as we talked about the old days, what I liked about Korea, where people we knew were, and other random facts of life.

After a few hours of hanging out, it was back to the train station so I could make it back to work this evening. Needless to say, I would say today was one of the best days I've had here. I think it was the combination of connecting with old friends, experiencing a city with local people (not tourists), and some good food.

HBR guys at Seoul Station:


By the way, the comedian Lewis Black talks aboutThe End Of The Universe is where there are two Starbucks across from the street from each other. Well, I think I found something worse today. It is an Outback restaurant less than a block away from another Outback.


Oh, and before I left, my friends got me some bling for my hand phone. So now I have this guy attached to my phone.

I'm sooo fitting in here.

Currently reading:

No comments: