22.11.03

Innocent or Guilty, Who Cares?

Well, I don't know what kind of a media circus is going on in the states, but I do know that while bombs were going off in Turkey, CNN broke away to cover "Breaking News" regarding Michael Jackson. Over here in Europe all I've seen is a few news clips, most showing various people standing outside Neverland Ranch offering support for MJ. I did read one good take on it.

Now, as a fan of the music of the 80's, I have to admit that I own some of his music. As a human, I hope the truth comes out. As a person of the world, I wish the news would not put some much time regarding this issue.

But if you want my two cents, guilty or not, I do wonder about the parents who drop their kids off at Neverland Ranch for Michael Jackson's day care, including the mom in this story. (Also check out the photo for a good laugh) I'd bet if Charles Manson were set free, there would be parents letting their kids hang out at his place if he owned a small zoo.

I do find it funny that I've heard more of his music on the radio over here in Germany lately. Some of the lyrics take on different meanings in light of it all, like "tell them that it's human nature." Also ironic in the whole thing... on his newest album is a song written by R. Kelly.

Currently listening to: Actually watching an old tape of Seinfeld.

No comments: