25.11.06

It's Been One Week

Earlier, I posted about how this has been one of the stranger weeks I have experienced. And those who know me well, know I have had some pretty strange weeks in this life. I was presented with options for my future that would not only impact me, but everyone in my small circle of friends. I was forced to make decisions between two decent options, both with their advantages and disadvantages. It was like the time when I had to decide between either seeing Wilco or The Hooters in concert one evening. OK, it wasn't exactly like that, but you get the point.

When presented with the options, I asked for time to really think about things and pray. And pray I did. I even sent out a letter to many of my supporters to be praying for my wisdom in decision making. While I did not feel one hundred percent one way or another, I had a feeling what my decision was going to be. My personal feelings were leaning one way, but I wanted to be sure that they also aligned with God's direction.

Now here is the funny/strange/interesting part... before I even planned on delivering my decision, I was approached by those I was in negotiating with. They informed me that they did not think that proceeding forward was the best option at this time. Now this was the direction I was feeling as well, but I did not even have to utter it. God clearly made the decision for me, as well as made that decision clear to me.

So needless to say, I will not be moving to any new countries in the next year.

This morning, I decided to skip church. Not something I recommend doing often, but once in a while I think it is a needed thing. Instead, I spent some time in the Word and listening to a message by Ron Merrell. Amazingly, it was exactly what I needed to hear. He talked about choices and the moments that they are made in. He talked about "having faith that God is bigger than your moment." Again some backing up from God about the choices that have been made by me and for me.

Now hopefully life will return to some normalcy, at least my usual levels of normal.

Song to go with this post: Chris Rice - "The Power of a Moment"

No comments: