12.9.05

The Light

I have a pet peeve when it comes to weblogs. It is when people post complete lyrics to a song. Sure a quote or two is alright, but posting the whole song is just silly. But tonight I have the urge to do just that. But instead, I'll just put a couple of the lines, and give the link to the full lyrics. This song came on my iPod a couple weeks ago, and I had to listen to it a couple times. It is amazing how often my iPod shuffle appears to know what song I need at the right time... (As I type this - Lovesong by The Cure) Well, The Light by the Proclaimers came at just the right time, and has been stuck in my head. If you are not a fan of the Proclaimers, you are missing out on some great music. And no it isn't all about walking 500 miles.

So what are the lyrics that are still being tossed about my head?

You say it lights every pathway
Shows me how to live life
For the rest of my days
But I can't put my faith in
Your words and demands
I believe in God alright
It's folk like you I just can't stand

You don't have to try and scare me
To reinforce my faith sir
'cos I know that one day
I'll stand before my maker

And if I'm found wanting
When my case is heard
It'll be by the author
Not some interpreter of his words


Please feel free to discuss in the comment section.

Currently listening to: The Proclaimers -

No comments: