19.2.05

I'm Missing Europe

Tonight I was checking out a few of my favorite concert venues back in Europe, just to see who was playing. To my surprise, I discovered that I am missing Europe. Yea, they are going to be playing at the Z7 in March. They have a new album out, Start From the Dark,, and with it a world tour. Although in this case I would not have named the tour after the album, as the "Start From The Dark World Tour," sounds a little scary.

Also coming to Z7 this spring are Jefferson Starship, who are on their "Jefferson Starship Saves The World Tour." Good luck with that, especially when you play the Lima Square Art Fair, in Lima, Ohio in August.

Not to be out done, Styx will be also stopping by Basel. They will be promoting their soon to be released album, "Big Bang CD."

Oh, and some Irish band will be in Switzerland this summer. How I wish I could be there for that one.

Speaking of Irish bands, if anyone is reading this in the Greater Basel/Kandern area(and I know you are), I highly recommend heading up to the Isle Of Innisfree in Freiburg to see Klonakilty. I think I saw them there four or five times during the last couple years, and each time was better than the last. While you are there, pick me up a copy of their "Klonakilty Live" CD. The first one to get me a copy will receive a whole entry on this page about how great they are, and will be named my best friend for at least a week.

This concludes your concert wrap up for the Basel/Kandern area. Where would you like for me to report on next?

Currently watching:

No comments: