24.8.04

Another Local Story

As I've explained to many of you, I'm currently living out in the middle of no where. I'm there for at least a couple more weeks, doing some rest, reading, and trying to figure out what to do next with this life of mine.

Now while it is over 20 minutes to the nearest gas station or store 45 minutes by car to the nearest McDonald's, I'm not lacking for entertainment. Besides my books, a external hard drive that contains my entire CD collection, and a few DVDs, there are plenty of interesting people around to meet with.

In fact the other week, my parents had a gather of some of the neighbors, as well as family. Besides having a national ski jumping champion, one of the guests brought his guitar out and sang several songs by Da Yoopers, which he performed with for years. Nothing like your very own concert, complete with the songs Rusty Chevrolet, The Second Week Of Deer Camp, and Beer Gut.

Drew and Bah, you guys would have loved it. In fact, if you guys ever come to visit, I'll see about getting a repeat performance.

Now, I'm heading back to the woods.

Currently reading: cover

No comments: