1.9.03

The Heart Sometimes Disconnects the Brain

As I guy, I can admit that we do some pretty stupid things in the name of love or attempting to gain the attention of a member of the opposite gender. It is a fact that I've walked my dog way out our neighborhood in order to "just happen to pass by" a girls house. I can say that I've also tried snowboarding, began listening to country music, practiced slight of hand magic tricks, and even relearned to dirve stick shift to impress or not look stupid in the eyes of various girls I've been interested in. A few years back a couple of my students made a multi-country bike ride just to ask a girl out. But none of those compare to this poor pathetic love sick boy. What lesson can we learn from this poor guy? I would say we could learn not to be an idiot when it comes to the area of the heart, but I think the only thing we really can learn is to have a comfortable shoes when hitchhiking, and possibly to phone first.

(for those too busy to click the link - a 15 year old hitchhiked 1250 miles to find out he has been dumped)

Currently listening to: Duncan Sheik - Daylight (currently on my online radio station - check it out.)

No comments: