7.12.07

Shake All The Way To The Outhouse


The theme this week at PhotoFriday is "Primitive." I have spent a lot of time in this little outhouse. While I do enjoy all the benefits of indoor plumbing, I have to admit that I do find a simple enjoyment in using an outhouse. I am not totally sure I can explain it fully. Perhaps it is the feeling of privacy, going to a seperate location to take care of business. I could lie and say it is because it is wasting less water and potentially causes less impact on the environment. Maybe it is fact that most people I know have never used on, and thus it is yet another a unique experience that makes me who I am. Although I will say that using one in the winter does make me appreciate indoor plumbing, at least for the fact that the seat is not freezing cold upon contact.

No comments: