14.4.07

Hit The Ball And Touch 'Em All

I was flipping channels last night when I caught a report about the Korean Basketball team. Although I lack the basics of understanding the language, I was able to figure out that one of the foreigners playing in the league might be in trouble for some on-court violence. Today I read that Pervis Pasco has been kicked out of the league for good. One news source is referring to it as the "Pasco Incident," not to be confused with the "Pasco Curse," which unfortunately is also attributed to the same player.

Makes you wonder what the NBA would be like, if they took such a quick and serious approach to unruly players.

Speaking of Korean sports, baseball season is here. I was at the game tonight, and plan on catching quite a few more this season. It helps when tickets are 6000 Won and the price of food is the same as it is in the real world. The local team has a new center fielder. Jacob Cruz, has been a Giant, Tiger, Red, and Indian, but now is the newest member of the Eagles.
The interesting thing about Korean baseball, and most other sports over here, is that they only allow a couple foreigners on each team. In baseball there are only sixteen players in the league of eight teams. Now, I have no problem with this concept. I think it allows for national talent to be developed and encouraged. Yet, again I wonder what American sports would be like if they did this. What would the MBL be like if only two players from Venezuela, Mexico, or Japan be like? How about a hockey league with only a few players from Eastern Europe? And don't get me started on curling.

Currently listening to: Andrew Bird -

No comments: