9.4.07

A Bittersweet Cartoon

It is probably no big surprise that when I open a newspaper, I usually go straight to the comic section. Growing up, I leaned toward the ones that not only made me laugh, but also had a little bit of truth to them. Calvin and Hobbes was clearly my favorite, but there are a few others who I still continued to read from time to time. Thus I was saddened to hear of Johnny Hart's passing today. He was the man behind the B.C., a cartoon about prehistoric cavemen. Interestingly enough, while the title assumes it is set "Before Christ," Hart's faith was very evident in his comic strip.

This was the cartoon published the day after he died. Now if it were up to me, I would hope that that would be the last of the B.C. It ends with a very clear message of what Hart believed. What a way to end a career.

We can only hope that when our time to go arrives we are doing something of value, both for this time and for eternity.

Currently watching:

No comments: