9.4.06

What Do You See?

I must thank you all for the feedback I got from my India posts. Perhaps more of the journals will show up later, including some of the passages that prove it wasn't all great thoughts hitting the page.

So this weekend, I continued to process what I learned and continue to learn from the trip. Thanks to some amazing friends who were kind enough to listen to me ramble and even caused me to think deeper. Sure, I might blame one great conversation for my lack of sleep and a stubbed toe. But even in the lack of sleep, I found ways to be challenged, and to challenge others. Isn't that what it is about?

In all this, I decided to start TV turn-off week a little early. It might come as a surprise that I unplugged the television and shut down my torrent program. Do I really need to know who wins the Amazing Race? Do I need to watch yet another episode of Law & Order? And eternally speaking, does it really matter what is on that island? GASP - did he just say that?

When I explained this to my parents, my mother told me not to get too radical. I don't think I'm going too radical, but I am tired of being too complacent.

So who is with me?

Currently reading: A Cry in the Wilderness: Twelve Bold Messages About Uncompromising Faith by Keith Green

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Be radical! Totally.