11.4.06

Running Up That Hill

I'll be the first to admit that waking up in the morning and running a marathon just isn't my idea of fun. The thought of doing that six times in a week would make me consider my sanity. Toss the idea of doing this crazy running in the Sahara desert and I personally would be begging for mercy.

But that is just what two of my friends are doing right now. Albert and Mattheiu are out running the Marathon des Sables. It is a 243 kilometer race across the Saraha that goes from April 7-13. If that is not crazy enough, each runner has to carry all the supplies they need for the race, only to be supplied extra water at each check point. This explains why they are asking people to pray for them on this adventure.

Both of these guys are doing it to raise money and awareness for medical ministries in India and Nigeria, so I would encourage you to check out their individual blogs. And if you want you can even drop them a note. (They are number 282 and 299).

Did I mention that the next stage they run is double the distance? They will be running 82 kilometers in a day. Heck, I haven't even driven that far in a while.

Currently reading:

No comments: