6.4.06

I'll Remember

I have really been trying to figure out what is the best way to explain the week I had in India. I've read the accounts of three friends who were there, and wondered why can't I express similiar thoughts.

So, instead of trying to come up with new words, I decided to post some of the thoughts I scribbled out in a little journal I kept during the week. I've posted them on the dates that they were written to keep them separate. And for the curious, not all my thoughts and writings are being posted. There are some things I'm still not ready to openly admit on such a public forum. But I do think I've tossed enough out for you to really see what was happening around me, and in me...

Here are the posts in order: The Chase is On, Don't Leak, Don't Speak, I Don't Have A Reason Anymore, I Am Poor, He Said It With Devotion, Come With Me, I'm A Legal Alien. And be sure to look at the photos. Oh those photos still bring tears to my eyes.

Finally, thanks to my friend Dave for letting me pour out my thoughts the other night. You are a good man. And as you can see I wimped out when it came to the poetry. Perhaps it will show up later.

Those of you who are not Dave, take the time to read his thoughts based on our conversation. For this is what I'm hoping the posts from the trips cause... people to stop and think for a minute or more, because that is what I've been doing for two weeks now.

Currently reading:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm still blown away by the experience you had. Thanks for rocking my complacent world. And no worries about the poetry -- hell, you're man enough to take on the Ko'dan while drinking a chai! Sounds pretty unwimpy to me!

FYI, I couldn't get through on the Come With Me link.

Anonymous said...

Love your experiences. Am jealous that I'm not there to have them myself.