6.9.04

Another Day In Paradise

Today I stepped out of the wilderness. I did it partially because I wanted to stock up the emptying fridge. I also did it to help out with the Jerry Lewis MDA telethon on the local television station. I did it as I had a good friend who was one of Jerry's kids. He has left a huge impact on my life, and I want to be able to do my part to help. I met some really cool people from the area, including one kid with MD.

After that it was a quick stop for some Chinese food, some supplies, and back to the wild.

Oh, and while the networks were trying to sucker everyone into watching their new fall programs the other night, I was out watching some otters and beavers swim around one of the bays. Sure it might not have had the cool special effects those shows might have, but when one full sized male beaver slaps his tail down as a warning to you to get the heck out of his area, it gets the point across.

Until another day...

Currently reading: cover by Thomas Merton

No comments: