21.7.07

Another Postcard From The Highway

The car is still rolling down the highway. It has three more states left to enter before it can get a good rest. I am also looking for some rest too. It would be nice not to have to get into the car, fill the gas tank, or spend hours scanning the FM dial looking for good tunes. But it has been an excellent trip so far. I think the stories will be posted later, as well as more photos and videos.

Here are a few more things I have learned on the road.

1. Everyone loves a parade.
2. Steak and Shake is always a good place to find interesting characters.
3. Slightly inebriated college students have no clue about Swiss geography.
4. Never trust a gas station attendant for directions in Topeka, Kansas.
5. The Douglas County 4-H fair is more than you can imagine.
6. Ratt's "Round and Round" is the most overplayed rock song from the 80s.
7. There is a highway dedicated to submarine veterans in the middle of Kansas.
8. Tim got a new job! (I didn't know he was even looking for one, or who he was to be honest.)
9. A higher woman to man ratio at a concert does not always increase your chances.
10. Once is the best film I have seen in a long time.

This could be my last post before Korea. If so, let me encourage you to listen to the Lazer between June 29th and August 3rd. I am not going to say why, but just know you might get a good laugh. (It might have something to do with #5 above.)

No comments: