11.5.07

The Judges Will Decide

After the final votes were in, I picked six out of the top ten for the semi-final round in the Eurovision Song Contest. The stage is set for the final showdown of twenty-four countries. I now give you my votes for the top ten in the final round based on my extensive knowledge of European music tastes, geo-political alliances, and attractive lead singers. Let the record show that I have not been swayed by any emails I've received from bands in the competition.

So here is how I think the final votes will be at the end of the show.

1. Hungary - "Unsubstantial Blues"
2. Moldova - "Fight"
3. FYR Macedonia - "Mojot Svet"
4. Latvia - "Questa Notte"
5. Romania - Liubi, Liubi, I Love You
6. Belarus - "Work Your Magic"
7. Bulgaria - "Voda"
8. Finland - "Leave Me Alone"
9. France- Amour a la Francaise
10. Russia - "Song #1"

The winning country hosts the following year's Eurovision Song Contest. This makes me wonder if the Ukraine and United Kingdom were trying their hardest to avoid having to foot the bill for next year's party. All I can say is those countries should be banned for a year for those sorry excuses for music.

Give a look over the full contestants and let me know who you think will win.

Definitely not listening to: Scooch - "Flying the Flag (For You)"

No comments: