21.8.06

Feels Like Being Underwater

This weekend I snuck up to Seoul to hang with two guys I knew back at BFA. I am amazed at how global my life has become. I am sitting in Korea with friends I knew in Germany talking about common experiences we have had in Turkey and the Tashkent airport. And after they leave me I stop for diner at a place serving Indian, Pakistani, and Arab food. And to think there was a time I thought going for Mexican food was a cultural experience. Although I could go for some good Mexican, now that I mention it.
We took a spin through the COEX Aquarium. Midway through I was already dreaming about my next dive trip. It didn't help that I saw some scuba tanks near one of the tanks. Too bad it was in an off limits section of the aquarium. And yes, that stopped me this time...

Speaking of water related fun, this evening I found myself splashing around in some serious puddles. Last time I took the time to play in puddles and the rain was way too long ago. In fact, I think it was back at Miracle Camp when the center circle flooded. Think I need to make a note to do that more often, weather permitting of course.

Currently reading:

3 comments:

dumela83 said...

When doesn't the center circle flood at camp when it rains? Playing in puddles at camp can be a lot of fun. :)

Ryan said...

Good point, but the time I remember it was so flooded we put kayaks in the puddle and did laps around one of the trees.

dumela83 said...

ryan i am an EMC/FEC take kid i have known you since i was in third grade...you know back in the day when you would say good moring campers at camp...since then we have ran across each other at different FEC things we were quiz masters together ummmm i forget where....ummm we run across each other at camp or other FEC things from time to time....um i get your letter/email that you send out once a month....i go to ORC.....hmmmm yeah i think that should about do it for you....but yeah we have met....and yeah we have know each other or known of each other for years.