21.7.06

Since You've Been Gone

It's Haiku Friday
Which took a break for travel
And will again soon.

Chairman Mao Lighter
One hundred and forty yuan
I got for fifteen.

I thought that was it
They were going to kill us there
I guess I was wrong.

Lots of time to kill
Looking out the train windows
Hey, another tree!

Fermented mares milk
It was better than I thought
At least the first sip.

Arab food for lunch
Eating it in a tree house
Twenty buck humus.

I've got a fast car
Just like Tracy Chapman sang
I'm autobahn bound.

Clean clothes once again
And a shower every day
At least for this week.

Off to Turkey soon
To see some Biblical towns
And pistachios.

Just finished reading:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i enjoyed yak milk tea in china with chris and other folks. i definitely look forward to the stories behind these! glad ya'll had a great trip. ~sally

Anonymous said...

come on man, give up the every day showers. i still havent showered since ive been home. oh and yeah, the yak milk tea kicks mare milk's butt.