11.7.06

Now As The Train Pulls Away

Just wanted to toss an update out there to let my family, friends, and fans know that I'm alive in well in Russia. It has been an amazing trip so far, and the highlights could fill this page. We arrived the same day into Irkustk as this horrible accident. Now we are waiting for a train to head to Moscow. A train that will take over eighty hours to get there!

A question I have asked myself several times along the way is how did I get here? I know the basic answer is by the Trans-Mongolian railroad. But I'm talking deeper. What steps in my life caused me to start to venture out of my little town and my comfort zones? What decisions got me to the point that I found myself riding a camel in Mongolia or having a meal on the shore of Lake Baikal? Any thoughts or ideas are welcome.

If anyone is reading this in the greater Kandern/Basel area, I'll see you in less than a week. Those in the greater Istanbul (not Constantinople) area, we will party in about two weeks. And barring any Uzibekistan or Turkish prison, I'll be seeing my friends in Taejon in three weeks.

Well, I've got to go buy some bread and meat for the train ride.

Currently reading:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to hearing your stories in a week or so. You really should write a book!

M.E. said...

sorry i missed you. would've been great to see you...