7.12.04

I've Seen It All

With at least three major music channels on television, I was shocked tonight to see as I was flipping through the channels Motley Crue reunified right there live on my screen. What shocked me was not the fact that they got back together, but they were being broadcast live on CNN's Larry King Live. My friends something is wrong when the first performance of "Dr. Feelgood" in years is covered not by MTV, MTV2, or MTV2000, but by CNN. And there once was a time I respected Larry King. As a student of broadcasting I admired his interviewing skills. But tonight as I heard him mention, "the Crue is now taking the stage," I realized that he now longer should be trusted or respected.

So fans of 80's glam rock get ready, as Motley Crue is coming to a town near you. I hear they are playing some of the larger nursing homes across America. But don't worry, they will rock you like a strong wind, seeing that, according to the article, their guitarist has had a hip replacement.

And keep watching CNN. I hear Larry King will be reuniting either RATT, Twisted Sister, or White Lion next month.

Currently reading:

No comments: