2.10.04

Traversing Michigan

Well, I write from Ann Arbor today, where I am visiting a former student. The last couple days I've been visiting a few BFA alumni here in Michigan. It has been fun, but at the same time it makes me miss my time at BFA. But after I read an email today from a current student, I was reminded of the reasons I left, and the fact that changes that need to be made there are not happening.

While I've been visiting these students, I've also been able to catch a couple concerts. In fact I'm getting to see two of my favorite artists in a span of three days. A couple nights ago, I saw Martyn Joseph play in Grand Rapids. Although the crowd was small, he played like he was playing to a sold out audience. He played quite a range of his music, from some of his older stuff, to his newest album.

Tonight we are catching Bill Mallonee in concert. If the many past shows of his are any indication, tonight's performance should be top notch. If you haven't picked up his latest album, you better. I've been playing as I've traveled these Michigan highways and backroads.

Oh, and if you are looking for a good movie, you might want to check out Shaun Of The Dead. I will say that it might offend a couple people with a little bit of language and British humour. So if you can't take either of those you might want to see another film. But if you find the British take on things funny, and are looking for a romatic comdey with zombies, this is the film for you. I found myself laughing quite a bit, including a few times when no one else was, as they didn't get some of the jokes.

Well that is your movie and music tips for today.

Currently reading:

No comments: