13.7.04

Who You Gonna Call?

Tonight I was over hanging out with the Youngs. We were actually talking about blogs and the various reasons behind them, when a little friend poked his head out from behind on of the chairs. I announced the mouses entry into the field of view, and soon after the hunt was a foot. Lane and I chased him along one wall, then he back tracked and when all the way around to the opposite corner of the room. We thought we might be able to get him there, armed only with a broom. Well, the little rascal snuck by, and entered the hallway, the whole way protected by furniture. I ran down to the end of the hall way to stop him from exiting into the attic, and it was there I discovered my weapon of choice in this battle - the vaccuum. I plugged it in and began to hunt that little guy, but he headed back the other way and into the kitchen. A quick change of plug sockets, and I was again close enough to make the hunt exciting. Again, Lane and I had him cornered behind the refrigerator. As we pushed it out froma the wall a little, I noticed he had climbed up the whole backside of the unit. As I aimed the nozzle at him he dropped to the floor and headed again to the hallway. On his way toward the door, Lane dropped the broom on him, tossing him into the air, but it barely slowed him down. He soon took refuge in a basket full of backpacks, and we knew we had him trapped for good. Lane began taking out each bag, carefully examining for the little rodent. A couple bags later, the little guy made a break down the hallway, but was not as quick enough for the hoover. Seconds later he found himself traveling down a long shaft and into a bag full of dust and debris. He met had met his match, and the hunter could go home satisfied.

When it was all over, I said, "and that is what some people would put on their blog."

Photos hopefully will be coming soon, as the whole process was being documented.

Currently listening to: Travis - cover

No comments: