19.10.03

Big Lights in the Big Sky

So, I'm reading about lidar testing going on over the skys of Montana. Which in itself sounds cool, but then I gets to thinking, as I am sometimes prone to do. I ask myself a few questions, which thankfully, I have not come to answer - Cause then I would just look like I'm crazy.

But really, if crazy lights are being shot into space over a major city in Montana, don't you think more than 50 people would show up. Isn't this the same concept as a used car dealer putting a giant spotlight in their lot to attract people?

Also, the first line says, "if you saw a strange light in the sky over Bozeman Tuesday or Thursday night it's OK to talk about it. Your weren't hallucinating." Does this mean that people in Bozeman are prone to hallucinate and see strange lights on a regular basis, but Tuesday and Thursday they had a real reason to see lights?

And finally, how big is the campus of MSU, if they won't give a specific location, to make the search for the lights "more fun." Haven't they taken out some of the fun already by narrowing it down that much?

Wait, I have one more question. I was re-reading this, and it says, "Bromenshenk has trained bees to detect mines, and the laser can detect the bees..." Could we not just skip the bees, and train lasers to detect mines?

I guess in the end, that is why I didn't study science, but radio broadcasting. Not too many brains required to play music. And speaking of music.....

Currently listening to: Live - Secret Samadhi

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes. hello. I live in Bozeman, MT and I have seen several strange lights over the southern part of the campus, even a little south of the Museum of the Rockies. I have seen three lights over this same area beginning on New Years eve. I took to be a joke, one of those bag-lantern floaters from indochina. It was orange and a car stopped next to me, its occupants actually watching it as well. It lasted 10 minutes and did little circles before simply disappearing! I have seen two more incidents since then , sometimes in the company of others which means the hallucination theory is bullshit. Anyone in the area who witnesses these events should feel free to contact me :
zen_acolyte@yahoo.com